I want to do good because I believe in giving back and sharing the education I've spent so long pursuing. I have a liberal arts background that understands the need for solving issues as they apply to multiple disciplines and audiences. I'm a graphic design professor by day and maker/artist by night. I want to get to know more people in my community and how we can work together to solve some important issues.
Jeff's 'getting stuff done' manifesto
I would like to bring my skills as a graphic designer and design thinking instructor. I have worked as a graphic designer for 10+ years and am now a professor of graphic design at a local college (Concordia College, Moorhead, MN). I teach a design thinking class to provide students a place to brainstorm and expand their ideas of design beyond just visual communication. I am also very good at planning and developing solutions to problems. I have an extensive network within the community. Many trust me as a designer and expert in building a trusting community of hard-working individuals. I'm interested in contributing more back to my community where I can apply my specific skills for good. I have an interest in sustainability, social practice art, visual communication, and mid-century furniture design. :) I have many interests and hope to be a resource to everyone participating in Good for Nothing.
Part of the movement for 5 years
- 0 challenges
- 2 collaborators
- 1 gig
- Helped organise the GFN Fargo's "6 Hour Gig" gig in Fargo on Saturday 11th
- Helped organise the Good For Nothing Fargo's THIRD ANNUAL "24-Hour Gig" (2018) gig in Fargo on Friday 7th
- Helped organise the Our First 24-Hour Good for Nothing Gig! gig in Fargo on Friday 19th
- Helped organise the GFN Fargo: Insta-Gig PushSave gig in Fargo on Wednesday 14th
- Helped organise the Fargo's First Gig gig in Fargo on Tuesday 2nd